Giant Chewy Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies- Organic, Gluten free, and No Refined Sugars
by Dr. Holly & Sebastian Waite
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Have you ever wanted to learn how to make a delicious GIANT Chocolate Chip Cookies that are HEALTHY?
My wife, Dr. Holly Waite, is a chocoholic! She loves to experiment in the kitchen specifically when it comes to baking. She has been searching for a chewy chocolate chocolate chip recipe. She found some recipes online, but never really came close to what she wanted. She decided to make her own recipe, and behold! These GIANT Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies were born. Make sure to check out the how-to video below, so that you can see how large they really are! Of course, you can make them smaller if you wish. But when it comes to chocolate, why would you? :)
This recipe is super simple to make. You can literally dump all of the ingredients in a bowl. Mix. Bake & VOILA! You got yourself some delicious chewy chocolate chocolate chip cookies. These cookies almost have an Oreo taste to them without all of that sugar and other ingredients. You can substitute the nut butter in this recipe for any other nut butter that you prefer. You can also make this recipe Keto by substituting the coconut sugar with monk fruit. It is a very versatile recipe.
We don't eat these a lot, but when we want a healthier treat that DOES NOT taste "healthy", these are a go-to for us for SURE.
Here's the recipe:
1/4 Cup of Melted Grass Fed Butter (We like the Kerrigold brand)
1/4 Cup of Organic Almond Butter
1/2 Cup (Heaping) of Organic Coconut Sugar (We like this brand)
1 Organic Pasture Raised Egg
2 Tsp Organic Non-Alcoholic Vanilla Extract (We like this brand)
1/2 Cup of Lilies Chocolate Chips (You can purchase Lilys Chocolate Chips Here)
1. Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
2. In a bowl, add wet ingredients (melted butter, almond butter, coconut sugar, egg, vanilla, and maple syrup)
3. After the wet ingredients are well combined, add all of the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. This mixture will feel very dry and thick, but that is correct. The batter will feel more like a dough.
This is what the mixture looks like after fully combined.
4. After the dry ingredients are mixed in, add 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips to the mixture leaving another 1/4 cup behind. The ones you leave behind we will use to "dot" the cookies with chips to make them look beautifully delicious.
5. With a large cookie scoop, place cookie dough onto a lined baking sheet. We like to use unbleached parchment paper like this one. Place about 4-6 cookies per baking sheet. These get pretty large :) You can make these however big or small you would like these.
6. This step is an important step. Press the cookie dough and flatten the cookies because if you don't, they will bake into big cakey balls :) Make sure to flatten them into whatever shape you like them to look like at the end. Make sure to press the cookies down and spread them until about 1/8"-1/4" thick. Feel free to see the video below to get an idea of what they look like at this step.
7. "Dot" the flattened cookies with the chocolate chips, so that when they are baked, you have plenty of chocolate chips on top.
8. Bake the cookies in the oven for 10-13 minutes or until edges are crispy and the middle looks nice and chewy. They will be dry if you overbake them. You can always bake 1-2 test cookies and see what time is best for your oven. Our gas oven bakes them perfectly right at 13 minutes, but our electric oven at our workplace bakes them perfectly at 10 minutes. Every oven is different, so be sure to check them.
9. ENJOY! :)
Here's the VIDEO:
Check out our other Holiday Recipes in our Recipes Tab above :)