You are going to LOVE this kale salad recipe. Every time we make it for events, people go nuts over this! It really is that good. Some people don't like kale because they say it's tough and bitter. Tell them to try this recipe, because they will be hooked! Not only that, it's SO easy to make with such simple ingredients. Definitely a crowd pleaser.
Here's the recipe:
1 large bunch of Curly Kale (Bluescotch or Winterbor Kale)
1 Large lemon
1/4 - 1/2 cup of Pumpkin seeds. Depends how much crunch you like.
1/2 Cup of organic dried currants (you can use organic raisins, dates or organic dried cranberries (make sure they don't have sugar))
1/2 Cup of 100% Grass Fed cheese. I like cheddar, but any cheese that you like will do :) Make sure they are small little cubes
1/8 -1/4 Cup of Organic Cold-Pressed Olive Oil (Start with less and slowly add more. You don't want your salad to taste too oily)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash Kale. Remove Kale from stem. See video for easy way of removing kale from stem.
2. Cut Kale into little fine ribbons.
3. Place kale, 1/8 C of olive oil, & juice of 1 lemon in large bowl.
4. Using your clean hands, massage the kale for about two minutes. See video above to see what massaging kale looks like :) It's very relaxing :)
5. Place pumpkin seeds, grass fed cheese, currants, salt & pepper in salad & STIR. If the salad seems a bit dry, this is when you can add just a bit of olive oil.
This recipe is SOOOO simple. You are going to love it. Leave us a comment below if you have tried this as well as if you have any variations of this recipe!